Asperger’s Association of New England
Practical Strategies for
Parenting without Panic
A webinar with Brenda Dater
Do you ever wish that having a child on the autism spectrum came with instant access to a support group?
Brenda Dater, author of Parenting without Panic and Director of Child and Teen Services at AANE, has provided parents with exactly that. Brenda addresses parents’ frequently asked questions with warmth and humor. If you’ve ever wondered when to talk to your child or other family members about a diagnosis, how to foster resilience in your child, or how to bring a little less chaos to your daily life, grab your coffee and join Brenda for practical tips to help you feel more confident and hopeful and parent with less panic.
Date: Monday, September 29, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Fee: $40 per registered email
Brenda Dater, MPH, MSW, is the author of Parenting without Panic: A Pocket Support Group for Parents of Children and Teens on the Autism Spectrum (Asperger’s Syndrome). She is also the Director of Child and Teen Services at AANE where she teaches workshops, facilitates support groups ,and provides consultations for parents, grandparents, and professionals. Brenda is the mom of 3 boys; 2 of whom have diagnoses of Asperger’s and ADHD.
Credit card through Paypal
(you do not need a Paypal account to use your credit card)
(make sure to use the email address associated with your
A recording of this presentation will be available
at the close of the class to registered participants
- Advance registration with payment is required for all webinars 24 hours before the webinar start time
- AANE reserves the right to cancel a webinar if the minimum enrollment is not met by the registration deadline
- If AANE cancels a webinar due to weather or a public emergency, and the webinar will not be rescheduled, registrants may sign up for an alternate date if available
- You will receive a refund if you are unable to make up a webinar canceled by AANE
- Webinar fees must be paid at the time of registration; reservations cannot be made without total payment
- No prorated/reduced fees if you cannot attend a full webinar
- If you register for a webinar and are a no-show, there are no refunds or credits given to attend another webinar. We will make every attempt to forward you materials and a link to a recording, if available
- If you are an AANE member and would like a second family member to attend, please contact
To access this training you will need:
- A desktop or laptop with Internet access (tablets and smartphones might not support this technology)
- Speakers or headphones that are attached to the computer or a telephone
Participants can also access this training without a computer by using a telephone, which will give you access to the AUDIO ONLY.
Be prepared to log in 15 minutes before the scheduled time.
Once you have completed the registration process, a confirmation email will be sent with instructions on how to access your online class.
Registration for this class is ONLINE ONLY. Once you register, a confirmation email will be sent with instructions on how to access your online class.